Friday, June 14, 2013

Meeting Dr.Paley for the 1st time

1st Paley Appointment June 14, 2013

Last night was a little emotional. For the most part we kept ourselves busy with preparations and I could feel myself finding things to do. I must have put the ziplocks in and out of the pantry 5 times while talking with my sister in law. :) As long as my hands were busy, I wasn't letting my mind wander. I have to say, we are both doing pretty well. I thought I would be a mess but I had just one weak moment last night. I'm feeling very hopeful and keeping my faith and Rich seems to be doing okay also. I think we're both accepting it really "is what it is" and there is no changing it so we might as well start moving forward and work toward staying positive.  Beating myself up isn't going to help her although that is much easier said than done. But we're getting there. On a lighter note,  after laying Norah down for bed....a long, teary good night, Rich and I did some more reading on Dr.Paley.  After laughing hysterically at my resume compared to his, here's what we came up with:

Dr. Paley has developed over 100 surgical procedures and performed over 11,000 surgeries. I have successfully stopped the bleeding of Norah's 1st cut on her finger and it was in a really tough spot and cured many butt rashes. (alright so her cut was healed the next day...whatever)

He speaks 6 or 7 languages , some crazy number I'm not sure. FLUENTLY. 
I speak English and Baby Talk. Booyah. 

His hobbies include scuba diving, rock climbing, nature photography and fitness. I bet he doesn't  record "The Voice" religiously like I do and consider a trip to Target a hobby....

He has written an 800 page text book on the science of limb deformity correction that is an orthopedic best seller. I don't think that can compete with my famous "Butt Cream" song do you? Stay tuned for the release of my new single.

He is the most experienced limb lengthening and deformity correction surgeon in the world. (not an opinion, it's a fact) He's  treated patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries from 6 continents. So basically he's a genius. 
To Norah, I'm Mommy, diaper changer, food feeder, playmate...you name it. I'm HER genius and Mommy knows everything in her mind. 

So I win. :) 

So far, the drive to West Palm  is smooth, weather is nice and we have a sleeping baby. Thank God because she meets "the big man" during her usual nap time. That should be interesting. Long day ahead, but we are looking forward to receiving some answers, seeing our future "home away from home" and meeting other families going through this. In a weird way, we both feel like we're headed to meet a celebrity. We've been learning about this doctor for the last 9months and have been communicating with his staff who think the world of him. So it's kinda like we already know them. 

"USED COWS FOR SALE" .....just passed this sign. Sounds yummy. 

That's all for now. We will have appointment details soon. Pray for our little girl please. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to read your comments!